1949 Miller-Balsamo 250cc Sport
Frame no. 71420
Engine no. V32410
Miller-Balsamo was founded in Milan in 1921 by Ernesto and Edgardo Balsamo and initially handled the importation of the American Excelsior and British Ariel motorcycles. From 1923 the company built its own motorcycles, many of which featured proprietary 'Python' engines supplied by Rudge. Miller-Balsamo also made engines of its own while its lightweight models used Sachs two-stroke motors. Although it was a leading make in Italy during the 1920s and 1930s, Miller-Balsamo failed to regain its popularity after WW2 and closed in 1959. The rare example offered here is powered by a single-cylinder two-stroke engine of Miller-Balsamo's own design. There are no documents with this Lot.