A Cypriot limestone votive cow Circa 5th-4th Century B.C. Standing with the right foreleg advanced, with upright ears, the details of the dewlap, eyes and mouth articulated, 7¾in (19.6cm) long, mounted
Provenance: Joseph Klein Collection, formed in New York between 1941 and 1980. Thence by descent.
Literature: For a similar votive cow from the Cesnola Collection in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, cf. M.B. Comstock and C.C. Vermeule, Sculpture in Stone, Boston, 1976, no. 444.