[WRIGHT, FRANK LLOYD.]
TESKE, EDMUND. 1911-1996. 7 photographs taken at Taliesin (Spring Green, Wisconsin), silver gelatin prints, various sizes (7 1/8 x 6 1/4 to 6 1/2 x 9 5/8 inches), 1936 (but later prints), all mounted and signed ("E. Teske") at bottom right of mount board, captioned by Teske in pencil with date and place and signed again on verso of mount board, one photo bearing the additional caption "Frank Lloyd Wright" and inscribed "For Hulda and Blaine Drake. Remembering - Sincerely, Edmund- L.A. Cal. 1992", one photo scratched, otherwise fine, the photographs depicting:
1. Hulda and Blaine Drake with other apprentices in small dining room.
2. Blaine and Gene M. at work on architectural model.
3. Hulda at work on architectural model.
4. A portrait of Frank Lloyd Wright in overcoat and beret, flanked by two assistants.
5. Group in large dining room for birthday celebration.
6. Hulda in kitchen with three other apprentices.
7. Hulda at work in cellar with two other apprentices.
Teske's well known photomontage, "Frank Lloyd Wright - An American Portrait," is constructed of photographs taken by Teske during his 1936 residency at Taliesen, and features at its center the portrait of Wright in overcoat and beret included in the present collection.