PROVENANCE: Prof. & Mrs. Melville Munro, Massachusetts Thence by descent to the present owner
From 1908 until 1945, Prof. Melville Munro taught Engineering at Tufts College. Prof. Munro and his wife lived on the Tufts College campus at 101 Talbot Avenue where the present work hung. Not only a professor, Mr. Munro was also the official college photographer. His photographs of the campus and of student life are now part of the collection of Melville S. Munro papers housed at the Tufts College library.