A group of Seals and talismanic Pendants Persia, 15th-17th Century
Comprising three 15th century personal seals and four talismanic ones bearing prayers, invocations and magic, and four others the largest 8.5 x 8.4 cm.(11)
1) Heart-shaped pendant: 15th-16th century, talismanic, in positive On one side: Qur'an, chapter II (al-Baqara), part of verse 255. On the other side: The remaining part of chapter 255, followed by Qur'an, chapter XVII (al-Isra'), verse 45, followed by the basmala and a few of God's attributes, such as: bism allah al-shafi 'In the name of God, the Healer'. The last part worn and not deciphered.
2) Oval pendant; 16th-17th century, talismanic, in positive: On one side: Qur'an, chapter CXII (al-Ikhlas) On the other side: The nada 'ali quatrain.
3)Oblong pendant: 16th-17th century, in nasta'liq, talismanic, in positive: Call to God to bless 'The Fourteen Innocent'
4)Square pendant: 15th-16th century, talismanic in positive: Names of the twelve Imams.
5) Oblong pendant: talismanic, in five lines in crude hand, in positive: Undecipherable word, most probably Magic.
6) Round jade seal: 15th century, with the name: Husayn bin ..... Mahbub
7) Round jade (worn) seal: 15th century, with the name: Ibrahim bin Dawud
8) Round carnelian seal: 15th century, with the name: Haji Husayn bin Muhammad