Royal Lytham & St. Annes Golf Club: an early 20th Century golfing trophy
In the form of a butler's Drinks Tray in English Oak with sides with silver hallmarked corner plates. A silver plaque inlay in the centre of the tray depicts the Coat of Arms of The Lytham and St Annes Golf Club with the inscription 'The 1st Handicap Prize. 1st Division. 7th June 1924'.
18 x 12 inches
It was not until one year later in 1925 that the Club became Royal Lytham and St Annes Golf Club. In the 1924 Coat of Arms, one of the two shields depicts a shrimp in acknowledgement of the important local shrimp fishing industry and the number of members associated with the industry. When the Royal Charter was conferred, the shrimp was removed from the new Coat of Arms!