Raised on a heavy footrim with gently sloping sides and with splashed and mottled glazes around a central circular motif, signed to base, 46cm diameter
Alexander Leckie gained his Diploma from Glasgow School of Art (GSA) in 1954. He was awarded a Post Diploma year after which he emigrated to Australia. He returned in 1966 and took charge of the ceramics department at Glasgow School of Art.
Provenance: bought by the vendor from the artist's studio.