A Large White-Metal Mounted Powder-Flask And Matching Shot-Flask For A Percussion Sporting Gun
By James Dixon & Sons, Sheffield, The First With Registered Design Mark For 1856
The first with bag-shaped body covered in black pigskin and with applied shield-shaped white-metal escutcheon on one side engraved with owner's initials 'E.F.P.', signed top mount with enclosed cut-off spring, and adjustable nozzle graduated from '4' to '6' drams; the second with bag-shaped purple leather body en suite, white-metal nozzle with sprung cut-off, and with a suspension ring at the bottom (2)
27 cm. and 26.5 cm.