Introduced in 1929, Armstrong-Siddeley's 12hp model helped start the 1930s fashion for small sixes. The sidevalve engine displaced 1,236cc at first (1,434cc from 1931) and drove via a three-speed version of the firm's characteristic, Wilson-patented, pre-selector gearbox. Mechanically the cars were conventional for the period, with semi-elliptic springs all round and mechanical brakes. In 1934 a four-speed Wilson 'box and a vee-shaped front grille, behind which sat the flat radiator, were adopted while wire wheels were standard on the sports models. For 1936 there was a new model, the Twelve Plus, which boasted an overhead-valve engine of 1,666cc and initially a body identical to that of its predecessor. A more streamlined style was phased in during 1936, at which time the model was re-designated as the 'Fourteen', the name change reflecting the larger and more powerful engine. A potentially most rewarding project, this Armstrong-Siddeley Twelve Plus was sold new on 1st January 1936 via Normand Garage to one J Adler. Little is known of the car's subsequent history but it appears to have been laid up during WW2 and was last recorded as known to the Armstrong-Siddeley club in 1978. Purchased by the vendor in 1983, 'CLD 997' has been maintained by his garage and used sparingly, the last occasion being in 2010. In storage since then, this rare coachbuilt saloon is offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed. Accompanying documentation consists of a quantity of expired tax discs/MoTs (most recent January 2011) and Swansea V5 registration document. No reserve.