Arguably the fondest-regarded of all Britain's post-war saloons, the Alec Issigonis-designed Morris Minor was launched at the 1948 Motor Show. The first new post-war Morris design, the unitary construction Minor boasted torsion bar independent front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and a four-speed synchromesh gearbox. Powered initially by the company's 918cc sidevalve four, the Minor received an 803cc overhead-valve engine in 1953. A pair of two-door models was offered initially: a saloon and a convertible. A four-door saloon appeared in 1950, estates and commercials following later. In 1956 the Minor 1000 with 948cc A-Series engine appeared, and the model received a further capacity boost (to 1,098cc) in 1962. Despite the many changes the final Minor remained recognisably the same car as the 1948 original. By the time production ceased in 1971, more than 1.5 million Minors of all types had been sold. It is hoped that the Minor will be re-commissioned and MoT'd prior to sale, this Minor 1000 was purchased in 1986 from an elderly relative by Mr Bruce Garner of Reading, Berkshire, who used the car as his daily transport and had it serviced by the vendor's garage. The vendor bought the car in 2002, since when it has seen little use. Sold strictly as viewed, this ideal starter classic is offered with fresh MoT and Swansea V5 document. No reserve.
The vendor has been unable to MoT the car as catalogued, therefore the car is sold strictly as viewed.