Arguably the fondest-regarded of all Britain's post-war saloons, the Alec Issigonis-designed Morris Minor was launched at the 1948 Motor Show. The first new post-war Morris design, the unitary construction Minor boasted torsion bar independent front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and a four-speed synchromesh gearbox. Powered initially by the company's 918cc sidevalve four, the Minor received an 803cc overhead-valve engine in 1953. A pair of two-door models was offered initially: a saloon and a convertible. A four-door saloon appeared in 1950, estates and commercials following later. In 1956 the Minor 1000 with 948cc A-Series engine appeared, and the model received a further capacity boost (to 1,098cc) in 1962. Despite the many changes the final Minor remained recognisably the same car as the 1948 original. By the time production ceased in 1971, more than 1.5 million Minors of all types had been sold. Sold new via Market Square Garage in Bampton, Oxfordshire, this Minor 1000 was taken back in part-exchange in the 1970s and used by the proprietor's daughter. The car was put into storage in the late 1970s/early 1980s having covered approximately 80,000 miles. We are advised that the body/chassis is fairly sound and that only relatively light re-commissioning should be required. Sold strictly as viewed, this ideal starter classic is offered with Swansea V5 document. No reserve.