Intended to compete with Jaguar's MkVII in the luxury saloon market, the Rover P5 3-Litre arrived in 1958. The first unitary construction Rover, the P5 used a bored-out version of the firm's familiar inlet-over-exhaust six-cylinder engine. Power output initially was 115bhp, increasing to 134bhp later, but for Rover's established clientele, most notably the Civil Service which bought hundreds, the car's quietness, refinement and luxurious, 'gentlemen's club' interior were of far greater importance. Announced for 1965, the ultimate MkIII version added power-assisted steering and reclining seats to the MkII-introduced improvements that included the up-rated engine, lowered suspension and improved gear-change. Introduced in 1967, the V8-engined P5B was considerably quicker than its six-cylinder predecessor, the V8's 140-plus horsepower boosting top speed to 110mph and chopping 7 seconds off the 0-60mph time. Automatic transmission and power-assisted steering were standard features of a car that combined much improved performance with the luxury and refinement customers had long since come to expect in a Rover. The stylish low-roofline Coupé version proved almost as popular as the saloon and today is regarded as the most collectible of the 3-Litre/3.5-series Rovers. This well presented P5B has had only five former keepers and was fully restored circa 2004. The car was purchased by the current owner in 2011 and since acquisition has been re-trimmed at a cost of £8000, regularly serviced and updated with a modern radio, satellite navigation, parking camera and hands-free mobile 'phone. Finished in Zircon Blue with cream leather interior, 'JLE 345K' currently displays a total of circa 45,000 miles on the odometer and is described by the private vendor as in generally very good condition with excellent interior. The car is offered with current road fund licence, owners manual, sundry invoices, MoT to May 2013 and Swansea V5C registration document.