One titled lady owner from new 1971 FIAT 500 Saloon Registration no. EUL 368J Chassis no. 2080782 Engine no. 9499079
Replacement for FIAT's much-loved 500 'Topolino', the Nuova 500 debuted in 1957. A radical departure from its predecessor's essentially pre-war design, FIAT's new baby featured unitary construction, an opening fabric roof and all-independent suspension. Carried at the rear, the half-litre engine was an air-cooled overhead-valve twin. The basic 500's austerity was not well received however, prompting the introduction of a revised and better equipped version endowed with refinements such as hubcaps, wind-down windows, upholstered rear seat and column-mounted switchgear stalks. This process of step-by-step improvement would continue throughout the 500's life. Introduced in 1968 alongside the standard 500F, the deluxe 500L, while mechanically identical, came with exterior cosmetic enhancements and an improved interior featuring a new instrument panel, seats and floor covering. This right-hand drive FIAT 500 has been owned from new by the titled lady vendor, who was given it by her husband following a serious illness. The car was bought new from Anthony Geikie-Cobb of Lorraine Engineering, Earls Court and features a factory-fitted sunroof and a bespoke red and blue 'ribbon' motif, designed by the lady's husband. Always dry stored and based in the Holland Park area of London, the car has been used and MoT'd annually since acquisition, covering some 45,000 miles, which included both her children learning to drive in it. Serviced regularly, 'EUL 368J' is described as in generally good original condition and is said to run beautifully. The car comes with its original jack, tool kit, handbook and bill of sale, and is offered with sundry bills, MoT to February 2013 and Swansea V5C document.