1960 Morris Mini Minor De Luxe Saloon Registration no. LVV 483 Chassis no. MA2S4/16503
One of the most influential automobiles of all time, the Alec Issigonis-designed Mini debuted in 1959 to universal acclaim. True, there had been numerous front-wheel-drive designs before the Mini's arrival but the transverse engine layout allowed Issigonis to create a trend-setting masterpiece of automotive packaging. BMC chose to market the car as the Austin Seven and Morris Mini Minor before Mini became a marque in its own right in 1969. Its accompanying BMIHT certificate reveals that this early Mini Minor was despatched from the factory on 2nd February 1960 to The Derngate Motor Company Limited in Northampton and confirms matching registration, chassis and body numbers (the engine has been changed). The original colour scheme is listed as Clipper Blue with grey fleck and blue interior trim. 'LVV 483' comes with its original handbook and some old bills and MoTs from its last owner in Scotland. The odometer displays a total of circa 20,000 miles but this figure cannot be guaranteed as genuine, although the car's condition and expired MoTs suggest that it might be. Although by no means concours, having been repaired and repainted in the past, 'LVV 483' is described as a good solid example of an early Mini and is said to drive well. Noteworthy features include original wheels with full hubcaps and cross-ply tyres. Finished in blue with blue/grey interior, the car is offered with the aforementioned documentation, MoT/tax to May 2013 and Swansea V5C registration document.