The David Brown organisation's take-over of Lagonda in 1947 allowed production of the latter's W O Bentley-designed all-new model to commence the following year, and at the same time made Lagonda's 2.6-litre twin-cam 'six' available for the new Aston Martins. An advanced design employing a cruciform-braced chassis with independent suspension all round, the Lagonda was available as a saloon or drophead coupé, both with coachbuilt bodies. The interior with its leather upholstery, plentiful walnut and quality fittings stood comparison with that of the very best in the luxury car class. A Mark 2 version arrived in the autumn of 1952 boasting revisions to body and interior, as well as a Jackall self-jacking system. Coachbuilders Tickford of Newport Pagnell had begun to play an increasingly important role as body suppliers during manufacture of the 2.6-Litre, and when the new 3-Litre model was announced in 1953 assumed sole responsibility for body production of the two models offered initially - a two-door saloon and drophead coupé - and the four-door saloon that followed. The newly enlarged engine now produced 140bhp, an output good enough for a top speed in excess of 100mph despite the gain in weight over the '2.6'. In October 1955 a revised Mark 2 model was introduced and the range reduced to the four-door saloon only after a handful of Mark 2 dropheads had been completed. This Lagonda 3-Litre was purchased by the current owner in the early 1970s and used sparingly up to 1996, since when it has been unused. Now in need of sympathetic restoration and sold strictly as viewed '307 MOF' is offered with old-style logbook, Swansea V5 document and some expired MoTs from the 1990s. A potentially most rewarding project.