c.1949 Brockhouse 98cc Corgi MkII
Frame no. 1613
Engine no. W28457
A development of the wartime Welbike, a small 'fold-away' lightweight motorcycle designed for dropping by parachute, the Corgi first appeared in 1948. Manufactured by Brockhouse Engineering of Southport, it was powered by a built-under-license Excelsior Spryt 98cc single-cylinder two-stroke engine. A kick-starter and dog clutch were soon introduced on the Mark II version and then for 1949 a two-speed gearbox and telescopic forks became available as options. Restored in 1990, this single-speed MkII was running well when last used ten years ago, since when it has been stored and accumulated some surface rust. We are advised that the engine turns over. The machine is finished in khaki green with 'Parachute Regiment' transfers and has a completely fictitious registration number. Shortened to accommodate children, the handlebars could easily be restored to full length. There are no documents with this Lot, only some magazine articles and copies of advertising. No reserve.