1949 Brockhouse 98cc Corgi MkII
Registration no. LCV 579
Frame no. 10588
Engine no. W19430
A development of the wartime Welbike, a small 'fold-away' lightweight motorcycle designed for dropping by parachute, the Corgi first appeared in 1948. Manufactured by Brockhouse Engineering of Southport, it was powered by a built-under-license Excelsior Spryt 98cc single-cylinder two-stroke engine. A kick-starter and dog clutch were soon introduced on the Mark II version and then for 1949 a two-speed gearbox and telescopic forks became available as options. Restored in 1990, this gearbox-equipped MkII was running well when last used five years ago. The machine could be running again after only minimal re-commissioning and used as it is, or alternatively treated to a relatively straightforward restoration for highway use. Reallocated its original registration in 1991, 'LCV 579' comes complete with headlight, luggage carrier, an original Corgi poster, engine handbook/parts list, related literature, DVLA correspondence and Swansea V5 registration document. No reserve.