c.1951 BSA 123cc Bantam D1 Project
Registration no. RVX 364
Frame no. to be advised
Developed from the pre-war DKW RT125 and announced in 1948, the Bantam became a top seller for BSA, in excess of half a million leaving the Birmingham factory before production ceased in 1971. Originally of 123cc, the engine grew first to 148cc and then to 172cc. Plunger rear suspension became available as an option in 1950, as did battery electrics powered by a 6-volt Lucas alternator, direct lighting having been relied upon hitherto. Apparently original and un-restored, this plunger-suspended Bantam D1 was acquired circa 18 months ago and is offered for restoration. Sold strictly as viewed, the machine comes with four old tax discs, the most recent of which expired in January 1963.
- The frame number is 46940
The engine number is 45200YD (overstamped)