1951 BSA 123cc Bantam D1
Registration no. 915 YUG
Frame no. 64820
Developed from the pre-war DKW RT125 and announced in 1948, the Bantam became a top seller for BSA, in excess of half a million leaving the Birmingham factory before production ceased in 1971. Originally of 123cc, the engine grew first to 148cc and then to 172cc. Plunger rear suspension became available as an option in 1950, as did battery electrics powered by a 6-volt Lucas alternator, direct lighting having been relied upon hitherto. Restored in military livery, this plunger-suspended Bantam D1 was acquired circa 18 months ago and has covered 47 miles since it was last MoT'd in October 2010 (certificate on file). The machine is taxed until 30th September 2012 and comes with Swansea V5C document. Sold strictly as viewed.
- The frame number is: YD1SA64820
The engine number is: BD3 8186