Never registered or ridden c.1960 Parilla 175cc Speciale
Frame no. 410531
Engine no. 410531
Giovanni Parrilla built his first motorcycle in 1946, dropping his surnames second r to call the machine a Parilla. Parillas first motorcycle was a 250cc overhead-camshaft single-cylinder racer and the firm went on to build a range of lightweight machines using two-stroke and four-stroke engines. In 1952 at the Milan Show Parilla introduced the high cam (camme rialzata) model for which it is best remembered. This was a 175cc single, built in Turismo and Competizione versions, which featured a chain-driven camshaft mounted on the side of the cylinder head, the valves being operated via short pushrods. Stunningly beautiful, Parillas production racer was also exceedingly quick, one not-yet-run-in Competizione being clocked at over 96mph by an American magazine. This pristine example has never been registered or ridden on the road since its importation and is completely original, having been kept in storage, unsold, in the dealership to which it was despatched. The next owner did nothing more than clean the Parillas paintwork before selling it to the current vendor in 1996. The engine was started at that time to check that it was working, since when the machine has been stored in warn dry conditions as part of the vendors collection of classic Italian motorcycles. Representing a possibly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to acquire an unused Parilla 175, this beautiful machine is offered with spare transfers, technical literature and spare parts lists.