1934 Scott 596cc Flying Squirrel
Registration no. AXK 597
Frame no. 3775
Engine no. DPY4405
Dating from 1934, the last year Scotts were fitted with a hand-change gearbox, this Flying Squirrel was first owned by Mr C E Sutton of Camberwell, South London. 'AXK 597' has been in the vendor's ownership since 1964 and was owned previously by a Mr George Wrench of Carleton, Lancashire. It should be noted that the engine number 'DPY4405' is that of a 596cc unit manufactured circa 1937 and installed in this motorcycle at least since 1963, to which a bronze cylinder head (reputedly ex-Graham Kirk) was fitted in the 1970s. The original engine was quoted as 'LFZ3932': a 498cc long-stroke fixed-head unit. Last ridden in 1979, the machine will require re-commissioning and the customary safety checks before returning to the road. It is offered with old-style continuation logbooks (x3), assorted expired MoTs and tax discs, copy LCC correspondence and current Swansea V5C registration document.