c.1950 New Hudson 98cc Autocycle Project
Frame no. to be advised
Engine no. to be advised
Having ceased motorcycle production in 1933, New Hudson returned briefly to the manufacture of two-wheelers in 1940 with the Autocycle. The engine was Villiers' JDL and the Autocycle featured pedal transmission and a rigid front fork. Production resumed in 1946, by which time New Hudson was owned by BSA. Post-war developments included the adoption of pressed-steel, blade-type girder forks in 1948 and the Villiers 2F engine, necessitating major frame changes, the following year. The 2F remained when the Autocycle was revamped with a new 'easy access' open frame and tubular girder fork in May 1956. Deletion of the 2F brought an end to Autocycle production in 1958. This partly renovated but incomplete example is offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed.
- The frame number is ZE7791. The engine number is 171A25510.