c.1956 Triumph 200cc Tiger Cub
Frame no. T22474
Engine no. T2022474
With the introduction of the 149cc Terrier in 1952, Triumph re-entered the market for lightweight commuter machines. A simple, compact, unitary construction four-stroke with four-speed gearbox, the Terrier was joined in 1954 by an enlarged version - the 200cc Tiger Cub - that offered 60mph-plus performance and 100 miles per gallon fuel consumption. A big success, particularly with younger riders, the Cub underwent continual development for the next 16 years, finally ending up with BSA Bantam cycle parts before being dropped in 1970. The model remains a favorite with today's collectors, many of whom would have commenced their riding career on a Cub, and is well served by an extensive network of parts suppliers and other specialists.
Other than the fact that it was donated to the museum by J D Iglehart, this matching-numbers example's history is not known. A total of 7,053 miles is displayed on the odometer.
- Please note that the title for this bike is in transit.