Subject of a $37,000 restoration, 348-Tri Power Motor
1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible
Chassis no. F58B167439
1958 Chevrolets bore no resemblance to the 1957 model, with new X-frames, new names and completely new body styling with four headlights. It paid off Chevy regained the #1 sales spot from Ford, with 1,217,047 cars delivered. Top of the line was the new Impala model, available as a coupe and the only convertible this year, of which 55,989 were sold.
The Impala convertible on sale here came to the Lewis Collection from The Chevy Store in Portland and was previously owned by Kenneth Blodgett of Wenatchee, who spent an impressive $37,000 restoring it in 2005. The car is finished in Matador Red with a white vinyl top and well-fitted orange, silver and black vinyl interior. The paint and panel fit is excellent, the top is superb and the chrome and trim (lots of it) is hard to fault.
The car is a subtle custom, designed to be a superior driver, with a 348 cubic-inch tri-power motor, Turbo 350 automatic transmission, power disc brakes, power steering, dual exhaust, posi-traction axle, spinner hubcaps, continental kit and twin antennas. The engine compartment is spectacular. Inside the car has a tilt wheel, CD/stereo and Wonderbar radio. The odometer shows 06,535, which is very likely the mileage since completion.
Auction terms and conditions