Rover's range in the immediately post-WW2 years was much the same as it had been in 1939, the first all-new Rover not appearing until the autumn of 1949. When it did, the P4 75 caused quite a stir with its bulbous, slab-sided styling and Cyclopean spotlamp. The new 75 featured the 2.1-litre six-cylinder version of Rover's inlet-over-exhaust engine, coupled to the customary freewheel gearbox. A separate chassis was retained and the P4's reliability, high build quality, well-appointed interior and value for money soon established it as a middleclass favourite. One of the most readily recognised and fondly remembered cars of the era, the stately P4 with its slab sides, column gearshift and 'gentlemen's club' interior would prove an immense success for the Solihull firm, remaining in production until 1964. Purchased by the current vendor in 2002, this Rover 75 had been restored by 2006 and since then has been used regularly on local and other events including the Glamis Transport Extravaganza and Beamish Reliability Trial, completing the latter without problems on five separate occasions. Described by the vendor as in generally good condition, the car is offered with sundry restoration invoices, old-style logbook, instruction/workshop manuals, MoT/tax to 2012, Swansea V5 and history file containing details of all owners. The only notified deviation from factory specification is the provision of discreet flashing indicators in addition to the original semaphores. A quantity of spares in included in the sale.