c.1953 BSA 249cc C11
Registration no. ARE 995D
Frame no. BC10S4.6178
Engine no. BC11G.1857
BSA's 'C' range of lightweights was first introduced in 1938. Its first exemplar was the C10 sidevalve single with coil ignition and three-speed hand-change gearbox. A de luxe version with foot-change gearbox joined the range in 1939, as did the overhead-valve C11. The original girder front fork was replaced by a telescopic unit in mid 1946, and part way through 1949 the C10 gained an alloy cylinder head. From 1953 onwards both models became available with plunger rear suspension and a four-speed gearbox, and for 1954 were further updated with alternator electrics, becoming the C10L and C11G. This example's frame and engine numbers suggest that it is a 1953-model C11 fitted with an alternator-equipped C11G engine dating from 1954. The machine carries a tax disc that expired in September 1967, which almost certainly is the last time it was used. There are no documents with this Lot, which is offered without reserve.
- Please note the frame number of this machine is BC10S.6178.