1958 BSA 495cc A7
Registration no. 977 CDH
Frame no. CA7 5627
Launched in September 1946, BSA's new A7 parallel twin followed Triumph lines: 360-degree crankshaft, vertically split crankcase, cast-iron cylinder barrel and 'head, but employed a single camshaft rather than the Triumph's two. The engine was extensively revised for 1951 along the lines of the newly introduced 650cc A10, and then in 1954 BSA's twins range was greatly expanded with the arrival of four new swinging-arm-framed models. The introduction of the new duplex frame meant that the A7's bolted-up gearbox had to go, but otherwise the engine remained much as before. This A7 comes with its original buff logbook listing Motor Cycle Mart of Walsall as the supplying dealer and recording the fact that it was originally attached to a sidecar (removed in 1961). '977 CDH' was acquired by its late owner in 1970. Last taxed for the road to the end of August 1971, the machine is offered for restoration and sold strictly was viewed. No reserve.
- Please note the frame number of this machine is FA7 5838.