The 1911 season saw Model T Ford production expand to approximately 35,000 units and modifications for that season included restyling of coachwork, new wheels and enhancements to the already proven successful engine. Coachwork was now of light steel construction replacing the former wooden panelling. For the first time the Open Runabout and the Torpedo Runabout were offered, the example offered here being the Open Runabout without doors.
This car was restored from the ground up in the Meldonfoot workshops. The very popular Open Runabout style included two front seats and a rather exposed 'mother-in-law seat' at the rear. This left-hand drive car is smartly presented in grey livery and furnished with deep-buttoned black leather upholstery, the whole enhanced by the varnished wooden wheels. The car is comprehensively equipped with two-piece folding windscreen with brass rod support stays, matching, adjustable rear-view mirrors, running board foot scrapers, E&J Model 666 'Ford' gas headlamps and E&J oil side lamps. A running board-mounted gas generator completes the lighting equipment. Other running board accessories include the brass foot scrapers and the reserve oil, petrol and water container tanks. The car carries motor club badges for the Royal Automobile Club (a period badge) and more modern badges for the Model T Ford Register GB and the Automobile Club of Monaco. The engine number 389513 suggests the engine fitted was manufactured during the 1914 season.
Since restoration in the workshops at Meldonfoot was completed the car has been driven only a minimal distance and, as with all completed restorations, will respond to the fine tuning and adjustments that come only from active use. At the time of cataloguing this vehicle was not U.K. registered.