For the 1910 season the Model T Ford saw few changes. Modifications were made to strengthen the rear axle and windscreens were now standard fittings along with gas headlamps, carbide generator, speedometer, hood and side curtains on the open cars. The four and five-passenger tourers were by far the most prolific production models, some 16,890 examples leaving the production line between October 1909 and September 1910. Only 2,000 or so vehicles were built with alternative coachwork.
This very early Model T Ford Tourer was bought as a basket case from Oklahoma and brought to Meldonfoot for restoration. Upon close inspection it was found to be remarkably complete and original and this originality was carefully conserved during the restoration process. Fortunately the original black leather upholstery proved responsive to careful conservation. The coachwork is attractively finished in red livery and the car is to left-hand drive specification and equipped with two-piece brass folding windscreen, Stewart 0-50mph dashboard speedometer, white rubber matting to the open front floorboards, a double twist brass bulb horn, running board-mounted headlamp gas generator, brass oil side lamps, acetylene headlamps and rear lamp by Jno.W.Brown Mfg. Co. Importantly the car retains its original wooden body with 'buggy rail' around the rear two seats and a rug rail for the rear passengers. Note particularly the quality of the lined hood and the car also enjoys the benefit of very practical removable weather protecting side-screens.
Since restoration in the workshops at Meldonfoot was completed the car has been driven only a minimal distance and, as with all completed restorations, will respond to the fine tuning and adjustments that come only from active use. At the time of cataloguing this vehicle was not U.K. registered.