Post-WW2, Daimler's massive DE36 Limousine Britain's last 'straight eight' - continued as a carriage-trade favourite until replaced in 1954 by the six-cylinder Regina. Eight-cylinder models were soon back in the line-up though, courtesy of Triumph motorcycle designer Edward Turner who had drawn up a pair of lightweight aluminium overhead-valve V8s for the Coventry firm. The largest of these displaced 4,561cc and produced 220bhp, and when installed in the Daimler Majestic elevated the performance of this dignified saloon into Jaguar territory. Renamed 'Majestic Major', the V8-engined version was first seen at the London Motor show in 1959, with deliveries commencing towards the end of 1960. The following year a long-wheelbase version - the DR450 Limousine - was introduced to cater for Daimler's traditional top-drawer clientele that included the British and other royal families and numerous heads of state. The DR450 continued in production until replaced by the Jaguar-engined DS420 in 1968, by which time just 864 examples of this imposing and exclusive vehicle had been made. This rare Daimler Majestic Major Limousine has been in single ownership for over 30 years and stored for approximately 20. We are advised that the bodywork and paint need restoration and that the interior and brightwork are in good original condition. The engine runs, having been started recently, but the car cannot be driven as the brakes have failed. Sold strictly as viewed, this potentially most rewarding restoration project is offered with Swansea V5. No reserve.