1955 BSA 646cc A10
Registration no. ZT 7106 (Republic of Ireland)
Frame no. CA7 10764
Engine no. CA10 6406
Ever since the model's introduction in 1949 enthusiasts have commonly referred to the touring A10 as the 'Golden Flash', even when it was finished in an alternative colour scheme as in the case here. First registered in Cork, Ireland in 1955, this A10 was acquired by the current vendor in 1994 and since then has been restored and sympathetically updated in the interests of reliability while retaining its original appearance. Modifications include an SRM timing-side roller bearing conversion and new oil pump; 12-volt electrics; belt-driven dynamo; electronic ignition and voltage regulator; sealed battery in 'old' casing; lever-action fuel taps; and sealed-for-life wheel bearings. Benefiting from a rebuilt gearbox, powder-coated frame, recent service and Petsealed fuel tank, the machine comes with old-style logbook and sundry restoration invoices.