The first production Alvis to be styled by Swiss carrossier Graber appeared at the Paris Motor Show in October 1955. Based on the existing TC21 'Grey Lady' chassis, the newcomer brought a much-needed injection of Continental style and modernity to the Coventry manufacturer's range. Lighter, stiffer and with a much smaller frontal area than the traditionally styled Grey Lady, the Graber Alvis enjoyed much improved handling and a higher maximum speed in excess of 100mph. The first Graber-styled model - the TC108G - was built by coachbuilders Willowbrook, before production switched to Rolls-Royce's in-house coachbuilder Park Ward on the introduction of the restyled TD21 for 1959. The TD21 retained Alvis's torquey, 3.0-litre, overhead-valve six, which in up-rated form now came with 120bhp courtesy of a redesigned cylinder head. Inside, there were improvements to the accommodation, with increased headroom and legroom, especially in the rear. Lockheed servo-assisted disc brakes were an option, becoming standardised for 1960. The Motor magazine summed up the TD21 thus: 'As a perfectly serviceable everyday car with extra "chic", extra performance, and high standards of comfort and safety, its appeal to a select but important clientele should be strong.' We are advised that all of this particular TD21 owner's have been members of the Alvis Owners Club. In the current vendor's possession for the past three years, 'URD 111' features power-assisted steering and a five speed manual gearbox, and is described as in generally fair condition, with a good engine and sound chassis. Finished in silver over maroon with red leather interior, the car is offered with current road fund licence, MoT to 15th August 2011 and Swansea V5 registration document.