One of the founding firms of the British motor industry, Daimler was part of the expanding BSA group by 1911. By this time the adoption of the refined 'Silent Knight' sleeve-valve engine had done much to turn around the company's fortunes and establish Daimler as a marque committed to engineering excellence, a policy which continued in the 1920s with the introduction of the 'Double-Six' Britain's first V12. Its traditional characteristics had long endeared the marque to the nobility, and indeed, in pre-war years the company's products were preferred by the British Royal Family to those of rivals Rolls-Royce. Daimler introduced a new range of long-stroke, sleeve-valve sixes for 1926, their combination of steel sleeves and light-alloy pistons making for appreciably livelier performance. Offered in a variety of wheelbase lengths, the 16/55hp, 20/70hp and 25/85hp chassis began to attract an increasing proportion of owner-driver coachwork. The 16/55 and 20/70 lasted in production until 1930 and the 25/85 for a further year. Precise production figures are not known. Little is known of this particular Daimler 20/70hp Tourer pre-war history. The car was purchased in 1966 and stayed in family ownership until 2006, where it received a complete restoration in the mid 1980s. During the restoration a 2.7-litre six-cylinder overhead-valve unit from a 1934 Daimler Model 20 was installed for improved performance. The vendor purchased the car from Malcolm Elder in 2008 and has since formed part of their wedding hire fleet, proving very popular and reliable over the last couple of years. A 2nd-in-class concours award winner at the Maidenhead Car Show in 2008, 'YT 3126' is finished in maroon with grey leather interior and offered with current MoT and Swansea V5 registration document. A black mohair hood and full set of side screens, front and rear tonneau covers and hood bag are included in the sale. It should be noted that the original 2,648cc sleeve-valve engine comes with the car but is in need of refurbishment.