SCHIRRA'S APOLLO PAPERS.
Period distribution copies of memos and reports issued before and after the flight of Apollo 7, with pointed comments by Wally Schirra. Contents include:
1. "Preflight and Postflight Medical Requirements," memorandum, 17 pp. With a Manned Spacecraft Center (MSC) routing slip having a manuscript note by Deke Slayton to Alan Shepard, which reads in part: "Al - this is the proposed medical pre & post flt protocol for "C"... Please review w/ Wally. Need to resolve for 2TV-1." There is an additional note on the cover by Schirra: "Insufficient data - cannot compute! WMSJr What pulse on ergometer? etc. How much blood - why risk a collapsed artery?"
2. "No More Middle Men!," minutes of a crew training meeting, 2 pp typescript and 4 pp mimeograph. Contains crew schedule changes and a training calendar.
3. "CM Interior Lighting SC 101 and Subs," printed diagrams and schematics, 7 pp.
4. "Station Coverage for the CSM 101 [Apollo 7] Mission," memorandum with timeline.
5. "CSM 101 Service Propulsion System Preliminary Flight Evaluation."
6. "Software Change on AS-205."
7. Distribution copy of a list written by Schirra of 15 discrepancies about Pad 34 egress issues.
8. Sheets of data plots, some manuscript.
9. 5 sheets of display screen data directly out of Mission Control.
Various sizes and lengths, mostly stapled.