Central Persia, circa 1940, 223cm x 145cm (7ft 4in x 4ft 10in) excellent condition throughout
signed in Farsi 'Made for Seirafian Isfahan Iran'.
The Serafian workshop was founded in Isfahan by Haj Agha Reza Serafian in 1939. The workshop was intially set up to produce rugs with 91 knots per square cm, however with a series of innovations higher quality rugs were being manufactured which nobody else at the time could match. Serafian rugs to this day are famous for the use of the best designers, the best weavers, the best dyes and the best materials.