A Philipps Paganini Orchestrion,
Circa 1915, Keyboard-less Style No. 3,
643 & 644 consecutive factory numbers stamped on the multi roll-changers.
With a total of 117 pipes, thirty-nine of which for forte and piano violins, twenty-seven flageolets and twelve high-octave violins, forty-four note harmonium reed board accompaniment, piano having expression, variable speed vibrato setting and solo capacity for pipes and harmonium, with dual six-changer roll mechanisms in tall-form cabinet, with plain hood flat top, slight-stepped detail to cornice and gilt band before straight fall, the decoration of the front panel of high-Egyptian revival taste, with triple oval-form iridescent faux lapis-lazuli effect aquamarine stained glass inserts, pressed and polished brass appliqués of sloped hood form, with boulé-frame surrounds and triple ribbon drops to centres, flanking the centre larger surround above square diagonal lattice-fret with cloth backdrop, double doors with further brass of squared flower heads, the double roll-changer doors each with triple bevelled mirror-glass fronts, plain fielded panel below and matching side panels, on wheels.
With approximately 24 rolls, some with extended selections, others with multiple tunes.
9' high, 5' 8" wide 3' deep