A Lösche K-1 Orchestrion,
Circa 1925, with illuminated pictorial automaton,
1065 stamped on the piano stack.
With a total of 150 pipes, thirty pipes for each gamba, violin, flute, cello and clarinet ranks, thirty-note xylophone accompaniment, the bass drum with cymbal, snare drum and castanets, the piano with mandolin attachment, in slight canted-corner case with open banister-fret pediment with slender-arched centre and orange globe light boss, above triple-section part bevelled mirror-glass and wave-line reverse painted glass panel inlays of stylised leaves, the main front panel depicting a large waterfall scene before barren mountains, an old mill and dwelling to the right and a working watermill with bridge to the left, illumination feature making the reversed study appear to jump to life including rising/setting sun and water splashes, flanked by the orchestrion accompaniment access doors, each with repeating mirror-glass inset panels with wide fretted brass strap hinges, the overhang on small pierced supports above small double doors with further mirror-glass, storage doors either side of the final fielded panel, on plain plinth base, the whole with detail including incised fluting and alternating ebony and boxwood-check inlay band to relief edges, on wheels.
9'6" high 6'wide 3'deep