c.1950 Whizzer Motor Scooter
Engine no. 79170
In 1939, the Breene-Taylor Engineering Corporation, a Los Angeles manufacturer of aircraft parts, began building engine kits for bicycles. Drive was transmitted to the rear wheel by means of a belt-driven friction roller beneath the bottom bracket. The kits were sold to bicycle dealers under the Whizzer name. Owners of contemporary balloon-tire bicycles - usually a Schwinn - could also purchase the engine kits directly. The package included the 2 ½ horsepower motor, compression release and throttle and clutch controls that were attached to the handlebars. Offered on a bill of sale.