A classic, old specimen of this native element, with an aesthetic arrangement of very large, bright yellow crystals with great translucency, measuring up to 5.0cm along one edge on matrix. A mineralogically interesting piece which is also a decorative example for either the novice or serious collector.
A spectacular and large display specimen from a classic district, famous since the Roman era for the mining of sulphur. The present piece was probably recovered during the late 1800s. The majority of these mines closed prior to 1950 and none remain open today. Large specimens are thus rare and important, aside from their beauty. Measures 11.0 x 9.0 x 6.0cm