c.1925 D.F.R 250cc
Engine no. 5543
Francois Désert and Pierre de Font-Reaulx built the D.F.R., named with their initials, beginning in 1919 in Neuilly-sur Seine, Paris. The D.F.R became one of France's most sporting and innovative makes. As an aviator, Font-Reaulx raced under his pseudonym of 'Pierre', alongside works riders Dubost and Marchand, and was a fierce competitor. The D.F.R. won the Championship of France no less than four times and Font-Reaulx took a French G.P. title on a D.F.R. with a supercharged Bradshaw engine. This D.F.R. has been restored by a relative of the vendor and is in excellent condition and according to original specification. Declared fitted with the original Chaise 250cc two-stroke engine, the machine has the specification of a sporting lightweight. There are no documents offered with this machine.