1964 Aston Martin DB5 Sports Saloon Chassis no. DB5/1768/L Engine no. 400/1760
Livrée neuve aux Etats-Unis et immatriculée en Pennsylvanie depuis 1968, cette DB5 en conduite à gauche était la propriété de William Jackson, de Hummelstown, PA depuis 1979.
Le véhicule est sorti d'usine peint en rouge Fiesta avec un intérieur en cuir noir et muni d'un compteur de vitesses en MPH, ce dernier indiquant aujourd'hui un total de 61,163 miles.
Importée des Etats-Unis en Europe en 2009, '1768/L 'semble très complète et est vendue en l'état comme projet de restauration.
La DB5 étant très recherchée en version conduite à gauche, ce projet est idéal pour une personne qui souhaite connaître exactement le travail effectué lors de la restauration. Un guide du propriétaire d'origine est fourni.
Les taxes d'importation pour la CE ont été payées.
Aston Martin's post-war evolution took a giant step forward with the launch of the DB4 in 1958. Classically proportioned, the Touring-designed body established an instantly recognisable look that would stand the marque in good stead until 1970. The engine was still an all-alloy, twin-overhead-camshaft, six but the old W O Bentley supervised 3.0-litre unit had been superseded by a new design by Tadek Marek. This new 3,670cc engine developed its maximum power of 240bhp at 5,500rpm, while the gearbox was a new David Brown four-speed all-synchromesh unit.
Touring's Superleggera body construction, which employed a lightweight tubular structure to support the aluminium-alloy body panels, was deemed incompatible with the DB2/4-type multi-tubular spaceframe, so engineer Harold Beach drew up an immensely strong platform type chassis. The DB2/4's trailing-link independent front suspension gave way to unequal-length wishbones while at the rear the DB4 sported a live axle located by a Watts linkage instead of its predecessor's Panhard rod.
Five series were built as the model gradually metamorphosed into the DB5. Introduced in July 1963, the latter represented a further evolution of the preceding DB4 series rather than the beginning of an entirely new model line. The major change was the adoption of a 4.0-litre version of the (previously) 3.7-litre six-cylinder engine, this enlarged unit having been seen first in the Lagonda Rapide of 1961. Equipped with three SU carburettors the '400' engine produced 282bhp at 5,500rpm and was mated to a four-speed/overdrive gearbox, a 'proper' ZF five-speed unit being standardised later. Outwardly there was little to distinguish the DB5 from the final Series 5 DB4 apart from twin fuel filler caps, though these had already appeared on some cars. Beneath the skin however, there were numerous improvements including alternator electrics, Girling disc brakes instead of Dunlops, Sundym glass, electric windows and an oil pressure gauge as standard equipment.
Delivered new to the USA and titled in Pennsylvania from 1968, this original left-hand drive DB5 was owned from 1979 by William S Jackson, of Hummelstown, PA. The car was originally finished in Fiesta Red with black leather interior and fitted with an 'MPH' speedometer, the odometer of which currently records a total of 61,163 miles. Returned from the USA to Europe in 2009, '1768/L' seems very complete and is offered in need of total restoration and sold strictly as viewed. Very sought after in original left-hand drive form this project would be ideal for the person who wants to know exactly what work has been carried out during restoration and that it is to the level of quality they have chosen. An original DB5 instruction book comes with it; EU duties have been paid.