Rover's range in the immediate post-WW2 years was much the same as it had been when war was declared, the first all-new Rover - the 75 P4 - not appearing until the autumn of 1949. One of the most readily recognised and fondly remembered cars of the era, the stately P4 with its slab sides, column gearshift and 'gentlemen's club' interior would prove an immense success for the Solihull firm, remaining in production into the 1960s. The series' ultimate expression - the 110 - arrived in 1962. By this time the design was beginning to look dated, its place at the top of the range having been taken by the P5. Nevertheless, a further revamp of the trusty, 2.6-litre, inlet-over-exhaust six raised output to 123bhp and top speed to 100mph, helping to keep the 110 in the showrooms until 1964. A desirable manual/overdrive model, this 110 has been in dry storage since 2003 and is described by the vendor as in generally sound condition. The car has been started and run recently, its engine and gearbox reported as working smoothly, but nevertheless will require further re-commissioning before returning to the road. Sold strictly as viewed, the vehicle comes with Swansea V5 and a quantity of bills and expired MoTs. No reserve.