Accompanying copy chassis cards record that this manual transmission Bentley R-Type was supplied new via Rippon Bros, of Huddersfield to its first owner, S Wilkinson & Son Ltd, of Elland, Huddersfield, with the second owner acquiring the car on 7th July 1958. In 1968 the vehicle was placed in long term storage, subsequently passing into the ownership of the Sharpe family. The current vendor acquired the car at the auction of the Sharp family's collection in July 2005. At that time the Bentley was in all-original condition and running order, but nevertheless the vendor - an enthusiastic collector of the marque - decided to undertake a long-term refurbishment. The latter included a bare metal re-spray of the corrosion free coachwork; re-plating of all chromework; and removal of the engine, which was dismantled, thoroughly cleaned and checked for wear. None was found. As a precaution, a new clutch and a full stainless steel exhaust system was fitted and all other service parts checked and replaced wherever necessary. The tyres were renewed also. In addition, the carpets and head lining have been replaced and seat belts installed. The interior trim, seating and door panels are original and remain in generally very good condition, as is the wood veneer. Expired MoT certificates dating back to 2008 record only 31 miles since the vehicle returned to the road. (The odometer reading of 31,150 miles is believed correct but cannot be verified). While the present registration is not original, it is believed that the presence of an old tax disc for the original 'RUB 222' may assist in its recovery. Described by the vendor as in generally good/very good condition, the car possesses a full original tool kit and is offered with MoT/tax to April 2011 and Swansea V5 registration document.