1959 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon Registration no. 965 UXH Chassis no. MAS 3678750 Engine no. 269670
Arguably the fondest-regarded of Britain's post-war saloons, the Alec Issigonis-designed Morris Minor was launched at the 1948 Motor Show and by January 1961 had sold one million units to become the UK's most successful post-war car to date. The first new post-war Morris design, the unitary-construction Minor boasted torsion bar independent front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and a four-speed synchromesh gearbox. Powered initially by the company's existing 918cc sidevalve four, the Minor received an 803cc overhead-valve engine in 1953. Two two-door models were offered initially: a saloon and a convertible. A four-door saloon appeared in 1950, estates and commercials following later. In 1956 the Minor 1000 with 948cc A-Series engine appeared, and the model received a further capacity boost (to 1,098cc) in 1962. The styling too was revised progressively yet despite the many changes the final Minor remained recognisably the same car as the 1948 original. By the time production ceased in 1971, more than 1.5 million Minors of all types had been sold. This Minor 1000 four-door saloon still retains its original semaphore indicators while boasting additional modern 'flashers'. Restored in 2005, '965 UXH' comes with bills totalling almost £4,000 and has been used daily. Finished in Clarendon Grey with re-carpeted original red leather interior, the car is offered with a rare factory workshop manual, a quantity of expired MoTs, Swansea V5 registration document, MoT/tax to June 2011 and some useful spares.