Jack Turner started out by making a special for his own use and only became involved in motor manufacturing when he was asked to make others. The first Turner road car was the Sports, seven examples of which were made as 'rolling chassis' kits during 1951/52, leaving customers to source their own engines and bodies. Like the contemporary Cooper and Tojeiro, the Turner used a ladder-type frame chassis with independent suspension all round by means of lower wishbones and transverse leaf springs. Unusually, Turner made his own alloy wheels, supplying them also to Tojeiro. In 1955 Turner returned to motor manufacturing with a fully developed product the A30 Sports which, as its name suggests, used the Austin A30 engine, gearbox and running gear. Sold in kit form like the original model, the A30 Sports boasted a particularly handsome two-seater glassfibre body and was fairly successful, 90 examples finding customers between 1955 and 1957. The successor 950 Sports used the A35 engine and was easily distinguishable by its triangular tail fins. Coventry Climax FWA engines were fitted to some examples. In 1959 Turner introduced another 'Sports', which retained the existing chassis but featured a striking new bodyshell. BMC's A-Series unit remained the standard engine, with Climax units an option, as were front disc brakes and wire wheels. The bulk of production was exported, mainly to the USA, and Turners were highly successful in production sports car racing in both North America and Europe. Regarded by many enthusiasts as the definitive Turner, the Sports evolved through Mks II and III before production ceased in 1966, Jack Turner having become too unwell to continue. This Turner 'MkI' Sports is fitted with a professionally rebuilt 1,380cc engine to 'fast road' specification, incorporating an unleaded-compatible cylinder head, MG camshaft and oil pump, and a Weber 40DCOE carburettor. Other noteworthy features include alternator electrics, up-rated front shock absorbers, 'coil over' rear shock absorbers, front disc brakes, Facet fuel pump, 'Sebring' front/rear bumpers, new front grille, electric cooling fan, wing mirrors and an oil cooler. Finished in blue with white hardtop and black interior, '5428 WX' benefits from a new body fitted 3-4 years ago and earlier in 2010 was fitted with a new hood, the latter in Audi Blue with biscuit interior trim. The car is described as in generally good condition, with 'near concours' body, paint and interior, and is offered with current road fund licence, MoT to 2012 and Swansea V5 registration document. A spare PVC hood, competition radiator grille and the original SU carburettors on a Turner manifold, complete with linkages, are included in the sale.