LMS nameplate The Welch Regiment ex-Royal Scot class 46139
(Front and back lightly skimmed). 52" (132cm) wide
LMS Royal Scot Class 6139 initially called "Ajax" was built in 1927 by North British Locomotive Co Ltd in Glasgow. It was originally provided with a parallel boiler but was rebuilt in November 1946 with a tapered boiler. Renamed "The Welch Regiment" in 1936 it became 46139 in 1948. It was the first of the class to be withdrawn in October 1962.