Morris sixes were around in small numbers in the early 1920s but the company's first serious effort did not materialise until 1927, with the appearance at the Olympia Motor Show of the Light Six. Based on that of the Wolseley 16/45, the latter's JA-type engine was a 2,468cc overhead-camshaft unit with an RAC rating of 17.7hp. The first production examples shared the Oxford's 48" track dimension but this was widened to 56" early in 1928, when the model name was changed to 'Morris Six'. Featuring Cowley's first all-steel bodies, the Six was built as either a four-door saloon or coupe with dickey seat. Fast and well-appointed - if rather expensive - the Six did not last long, its place in the Morris line-up being taken by cheaper sidevalve-engined cars such as the Major. Newly introduced for the 1931 season and powered by a 1,938cc engine (shared with the LA Oxford Six), the Major was effectively a six-cylinder version of the contemporary Cowley. Available in saloon, coupé and fabric-bodied 'salonette' variants, the Major was produced for only one year, 4,025 being built, and today is one of the rarer six-cylinder Morris cars of the period. First registered on 31st October 1930, this Morris Major was restored in 2007 by its last owner, who spent £26,000 on the project, having been in the immediately preceding owner's hands for 15 years. Work carried out included an engine rebuild, partial repaint and overhauling the brakes and suspension (see bills on file). The car is offered with current road fund licence, MoT to 26th February 2010 and Swansea V5. A K&N air filter and the provision of flashing indicators are the only notified deviations from factory specification.