One of the most readily recognised cars of the 1960s, thanks in part to countless appearances in films and on television, Jaguar's seminal Mk2 saloon set the standard for the class throughout its entire production life and today remains highly prized by enthusiasts. A progressive development of the Mk1 - Jaguar's first unitary-construction saloon - the Mk2 made its debut in October 1959. Slimmer windscreen pillars and deeper side windows greatly enlarged the Mk2's glass area, while the deletion of its predecessor's full-sized rear wheel spats allowed the rear track to be widened, a move which increased roll resistance and stability. Otherwise, running gear remained much the same as before, with independent front suspension by wishbones and coil springs, a leaf-sprung live rear axle and Dunlop servo-assisted disc brakes (optional at first on the Mk1 but standard from November 1957) on all four wheels. A redesigned dashboard, with speedometer and rev-counter ahead of the driver and minor gauges grouped in the centre, established Jaguar's layout for years to come. Transmission options were either a four-speed manual or Borg-Warner automatic gearbox, and when equipped with the former a 3.4-litre Mk2 was a genuine 120mph car, with the automatic version not far behind. A desirable manual/overdrive-equipped model, this 3.4-litre Mk2 benefits from past restoration (see photographs on file) although it is not known when the work was carried out. The engine is said to run well and the overdrive is in working order, and the car is described as in generally good condition, though the paintwork could do with refreshing. Finished in red/maroon metallic with matching leather interior, 'RBW 455' is offered with sundry expired MoTs, driver's handbook, current road fund licence, MoT to 19th March 2010 and Swansea V5. Glassfibre wheel spats are the only notified deviation from factory specification.