Arguably the fondest-regarded of Britain's post-war saloons, the Alec Issigonis-designed Morris Minor was launched at the 1948 Motor Show and by January 1961 had sold one million units to become the UK's most successful post-war car to date. The first new post-war Morris design, the unitary-construction Minor boasted torsion bar independent front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and a four-speed synchromesh gearbox. Powered initially by Morris's existing 918cc sidevalve four, the Minor received an 803cc overhead-valve engine in 1953. In 1956 the Minor 1000 with 948cc A-Series engine appeared, and the model received a further capacity boost (to 1,098cc) in 1962. The styling too was revised progressively: the headlamps moving from the radiator grille to the wings on the Series II, the split front screen being superseded by a curved one-piece windscreen on the Minor 1000 and flashing indicators replacing the original semaphore trafficators. Easily maintained by the home mechanic and served by a multitude of spares suppliers and specialists, there can be few more ideal 'starter' classics than the Morris Minor, particularly later examples such as this one. Purchased by the current vendor in April 2009, it benefits from recent expenditure totalling a little over £2,000 (invoices on file) and is described as in generally good/fair condition. The car is offered with current road fund licence, Swansea V5 and fresh MoT.