1965 BSA 247cc C15
Registration no. HPE 184C
Frame no. C15 46272
Engine no. C15F 791
In September 1958 BSA introduced a new '250' that would provide the basis for an entire range of singles in capacities up to 500cc. This newcomer, the C15, featured a compact overhead-valve engine with unitary four-speed gearbox, which was housed in a conventional cradle frame with bolt-on rear subframe. Alternator electrics and coil ignition were features, early models being distinguished by a distributor-type points housing. Trials and scrambles versions were offered as the range expanded during the 1960s.
An older restoration completed at date unknown, this well presented example appears to be to substantially original specification with the obvious exceptions of the handlebars, control levers and mirrors. Described as in generally good condition and working correctly, the machine is offered with old-style logbook and Swansea V5 registration document.